Surgical Oncology Department has team of experienced and qualified Surgical Oncologists for the management of cancer patients. Their services are backed by skilled anaesthesiologists and post operative nursing care. Surgical oncology offers surgical procedures with least morbidity.
Following are few of them:
- Sub total esophagectomy with two field dissection. Performed 250 cases so far.
- Sphincter preserving rectal cancer surgery (Low / Ultra low anterior resection)
- Breast conservation surgery with sentinel node biopsy to avoid lymphedma (swelling of upper limbs).
- Minimal invasive procedures for colo-rectal and uterine cancer.
- Laryngectomy and laryngo tracheal resections.
- Major oral resections and reconstruction with micro vascular flap.
- Major thyroid surgeries with tracheal reconstruction.
- Genito urinary surgeries like radical / partial nephrectomy for kidney cancer, radical cystectomy with neo bladder reconstruction for urinary bladder cancer.
- Limb salvage surgeries for soft tissue and bone sarcomas.
- Penile cancer surgery with sentinel node dissection for Inguinal Nodes.
- Staging laparatomy for cancer of uterus (Endometrium) and ovaries.
- Wertheim’s hysterectomy for carcinoma cervix.