Dr. Pavithra M. Vengetesh is specialised in Obstetrics, Fetal Medicine and Interventions. This is a rapidly evolving sub-specialty of Obstetrics that deals with the fetal health in utero, starting from conception until delivery.
She is specialised in performing advanced obstetric scans
- NT scan at 11-14 weeks and screening for aneuploidy, preeclampsia. An universally standardised software by the Fetal Medicine Foundation (UK) is used for risk calculation purposes.
- Target scan for detailed anatomical study of the fetus at 18-20 weeks.
- Third trimester scans for estimating fetal growth and assessing fetal blood flow by Doppler studies.
- Specialised fetal organ system imaging studies – referred for suspicious fetal anomalies
- Neurosonogram – Brain, spinal cord and Face
- Fetal ECHO- Heart and major blood vessels
- Urosonogram – Fetal Genitourinary system
- Skeletal survey – Assessment of long bones, cranium, chest and spine.
She does Genetic Counselling for fetal anomalies so that the prospective parents can make an informed choice about the available genetic tests.
She is well trained and experienced to perform Fetal interventional procedures for both diagnostic and therapeutic indications.
- Chorionic villus sampling
- Multifetal pregnancy reduction
- Intrauterine blood transfusion
Multiple pregnancy is her special area of interest. Monochorionic gestation (twins share the same placenta) poses great challenges and specific intrauterine procedures need to be performed at the right timing for optimal fetal survival. Dr. Pavithra has undergone training to perform these highly specialised intrauterine fetoscopy procedures.