Medicines, in addition to radiation therapy and surgery are an integral part of the multidisciplinary care of cancer patients. They play a vital role in curing or controlling the disease.
The specialists follow accepted standard guidelines in treating cancer patients as follows:
- With close to 2 decades of experience, the Medical Oncology department provides preventive,curative and palliative care for patients with cancer.
- Diagnostic workup and treatment of adult and paediatric solid tumours.
- Treatment of cancers with the latest drugs including chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, biologic therapy, molecular targeted therapy and immunotherapy.
- Modes of administration include intramuscular,intravenous, subcutaneous, intra-thecal, intra-peritoneal chemotherapy.
- Daycare chemotherapy for the convenience of patients.
- A seperate Pediatric Oncology ward for children with cancer.
- Specialised care for neutropenic patients.
- Therapeutic procedures including pleural and ascitic fluid drainage, intravesical chemo/immunotherapy and intraperitoneal chemotherapy.
- Well experienced in use of chemoports, central lines and peripheral lines.