The Department of Physiotherapy focusses on restoring mobility and functional abilities of people who have been injured, who are recovering from any surgery or disability. We offer various modes of physiotherapy treatment ranging from deep heat therapy, electrical therapy and conditioning exercises. As professionals we are experts in providing physiotherapy rehabilitation to the patients.
The ultimate goal of our department
- Managing acute and chronic conditions.
- Rehabilitating injuries and the effects of diseases and disabilities
- Improving and maintaining optimal physical performance and overall quality of life.
- Educating patients to prevent reoccurrence of any injuries
Treatment & Procedures
Physiotherapy department at GKNMH has all state of the art equipments. It is well equipped with latest high-tech electrotherapy and exercise therapy equipments.
- Short Wave Diathermy
- Ultrasound Therapy
- Interferential therapy
- Infra red radiation
- Electrical stimulation
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation
- Electronic Traction
- Wax bath
- Compression therapy
- Bio beam
- Bicycle ergometer
- Elliptical trainer
- Multi station gym
- Graded resistance ball
- Swiss ball
- Continous passive movement(CPM)
- Ankle wedge
- Three station table
- Suspension therapy unit
- Wobble board
1. Cardiology & Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cardiac physiotherapy rehabilitation given for patients with cardiac related disease to get back to normal life as quickly as possible.
- Pre and postoperative physiotherapy care provided to the patients who have undergone cardiothoracic surgery.
2. Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Antenatal exercises - We provide trimester wise exercises programme for antenal mothers to prevent gestational complications and to overcome the challenges during delivery.
- Postnatal and postsurgical exercises-We advice the new mothers, how to regain and improve their fitness and post-pregnancy comforts through appropriate exercises and education.
3. Neurology & Neurosurgery Rehabilitation
- Peripheral Nerve Injuries
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Head Injury
- Spinal cord injury and diaeases
4. Orthopaedics Rehabilitation
- Fractures Sequelae
- Deformity corrections
- Replacement Surgeries
- Other orthopedic post-surgical physiotherapy management
- Acute and chronic Pain conditions
5 .Oncology & Palliative care
- Oncology & Onco -surgical care
- Mastectomy - lymphedema physiotherapy managements and counselling
- Palliative physiotherapy care - we give counselling and special attentive care to patients.
Pulmonological physiotherapy rehabilitation - We treat patients with respiratory disorders and other lung complications.
7. General Medicine & Surgery
Pre and Post surgical physiotherapy management for all general surgeries.
8. Pain Management
We provide pain free experience to patients with the help of advanced therapeutic modalities
Cystic fibrosis management and other cardiopulmonary disorders
- Developmental delay
- Congenital anomalies
We encourage physiotherapy exercises, easy and safe mobility techniques to participate in activities of daily living and to prevent risk of fall in the elderly.