Our pain department is part of multidisciplinary team for treating persistent pain and we work closely with team of neurologist, psychologist, orthopaedician and physiotherapists.
OPEN THE DOORS TO THE KNOWLEDGE OF PAIN
Do you know enough about pain?
All of us must have experienced some or other kind of pain, once in a lifetime.
Pain is a global problem. 20% of adults suffer from pain globally and 10% are newly diagnosed with chronic pain each year. Indian statistics shows 32% and American statistics shows 11% of people have chronic pain. Despite the ubiquity of pain, awareness regarding different types of pain and various treatments available is lacking in common man.
Pain is an unpleasant sensation when acute, it alerts you of a possible injury and should be addressed immediately. Chronic pain is different. It can be there for weeks, months or even years. It is associated with previous or past mishap and most of the times in absence of any evidence from previous body damage.
These people are silent sufferers with mental agony.
It is the job of pain management specialist to sort out what type of pain is responsible for patients suffering and treat him/her accordingly.
Modern pain therapy is very effective if used appropriately for the type of pain, which can be a long lasting headache, back pain, cancer pain, arthritic pain or pain due to damaged nerves.
SO LETS, BEGIN TO OPEN THE DOORS TO THE "KNOWLEDGE OF PAIN"
Treatment & Procedures
- Oral medications
- Transdermal patches, Ointments, continuous infusions
- TENS therapy (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation)
- Yoga therapy
- Physical therapy
- Mirror therapy
- Local infiltration
- Trigger point injection (EACH PART)
- USG Guided dry needling
- USG Guided Nerve blocks and Myofascial injections
- Facet joint procedures
- Para vertebral blocks
- Epidural and intrathecal catheters
- Patient control epidural analgesia (PCEA)
Specialised at: ULTRASOUND GUIDED PAIN RELIEF INJECTIONS
- Atypical facial pain
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Arthritis related pain (shoulder pain, neckpain, Knee & other joints pain)
- Costochondral Pain (Costochondritis)
- Post mastectomy pain syndrome ( post breast surgery pain)
- Sciatica, Herniated disc / slip disc
- Painful degenerative spine disease
- Cancer pain
- Non specific Low Backpain
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Chronic abdominal pain (post surgical pain)
- Chronic pelvic pain syndrome
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)e
- Neuropathic pain (diabetic or other nerve injury or post herpetic neuralgia)
- Postoperative chronic pain
- Post stroke pain
- Postoperative Scar Neuralgia
- Heel Pain (Plantar fasciitis)
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Osteitis pubis
Unique features:USG GUIDED PROCEDURES FREE FROM HARMFUL EFFECTS OF RADIATION.
We thank the entire team management, more so the doctor for your concern and treatment of my dad. The treatment went as well and the pain has subsided. We say thank you so much for the treatment. Be blessed as a team. - Mr. John Kurgat from Kenya
Treated for post herpetic neuralgia and chronic low back pain