Master Health Checkup
With the present hectic pace of life, regular exercise, healthy dietary habits and stress management are a distant dream to many people. In such a scenario, a common medical problem often develops into a catastrophic illness because it has not been detected early.
Many diseases and their associated complications can be prevented if detected and treated early. Loss of precious man hours and productivity can be avoided if the potential causes of ill health are identified in time. Identification of medical problems in their pre-symptom ' silent ' stage is possible through periodic health checkups.
GKNM Hospital has been conducting health screening programmes since the early 1980s. The whole program is completed in a day. The following programmes are available. Apart from these tailor made programmes are also offered to various Organisations.
Guidelines for Health Checkup
- All Health Check–ups are conducted by prior appointment only.
- On the day of your appointment, you are requested to be at the Health Checkup Department by 07.30 a.m. to facilitate the smooth process of your checkup
- The approximate time for the completion of the entire checkup is around 8 Hrs. A minimum of 12 hrs. of fasting (No coffee / tea / milk and alcohol) is essential prior to the checkup.You are to completely abstain from alcohol at least 12 hrs, prior to the checkup.
- Men are requested to report with their chest shaved to ensure a good ECG / Treadmill test.
- Please wear loose fitting clothes, easily removable footwear and avoid jewellery (Necklaces, Bangles, Chains etc) .
- PLEASE CARRY ALL YOUR INSULIN / MEDICATIONS AND TAKE THEM AS USUAL AFTER THE BLOOD IS DRAWN.
- Please inform the doctor regarding the medicines you are taking.
- To bring your spectacles / Contact lens.
- Please bring your walking shoes if required to walk on treadmill.
- Please bring along one attendant with you, if you are diabetic.
- Kindly inform the reception staff in the Health Checkup Department in advance if you want any additional investigation / procedure / consultation. This will be arranged and billed separately in addition to the package payment.
- An authorization letter from your company is required to avail the services if you are sponsored by your company.
- Please inform the health checkup department doctor if you are pregnant or likely to be pregnant since in these cases certain investigations like x-rays are to be strictly avoided.
- Ladies are requested to avoid scheduling their health checkup during their menstruation (Periods).