Home Health Care Services
The population suffering from chronic diseases is on the rise in the developing countries as also their medical expenses. Chronic diseases are progressive long-term medical conditions like heart diseases, chronic respiratory diseases, stroke, chronic renal failure, cancer etc. These diseases limit the capacity of the patient to perform everyday tasks like personal grooming, mobility and household chores; and they increasingly need assistance. They are major drivers for seeking repeated consultations and consequent hospitalization.
Studies have shown that an in-home care delivered by trained nurses guided by physicians has a beneficial effect on health outcomes such as reduced morbidity (disease burden), unplanned hospitalizations and emergency department visits.
Treatment & Procedures
The services provided under home care program will include, but not limited to, discharge planning, in-home care consultations, continuity of care, priority scheduling, self-management support and guidance.
Who can avail this service?Patients with
- Restricted mobility
- Bedridden patients
- Advanced disease stage
- Routine follow up after acute exacerbation of chronic disease
What to expect?
Done by specialist consultant trained in family medicine/ palliative medicine/ Geriatrics Follow up visit and assessment Medication optimization and dose adjustment Primary consultant coordination and care
Guided by consultants for follow up visit and continuation of care Procedures done- wound care, ostomy care, respiratory care, feeding tube insertion, catheter care and insertion, ascitic tapping, IV medications; Medication – compliance and check for polypharmacy and duplication Primary consultant coordination and care
Phlebotomy services (lab investigations)
(Note: Available only for patients registered under home health services) Samples collected by a nurse at home and reports informed to the concerned physician Copy of the report will be available at GKNMH website under login section
Psychotherapist – specialised in dealing with distressing scenarios and helps you deal with a life-changing situation (chronic diseases and terminal illness)
In addition we provide
- Seniors integrated / enhanced program (for frail patients)
- Short-term support for acute exacerbations of chronic illnesses – Pulmonology, Cardiology, Nephrology, Neurology etc..
- Integrated oncology care – supportive treatment while under curative treatment
- Paraplegics, Stroke patient care program
- Rehabilitation / physiotherapy programs
- End of life care
- Lymphedema management
- Community awareness sessions to destigmatize illnesses
- Counselling and bereavement support
- Vaccination for elderly patients- pneumococcal and Influenza
- Guide and empower the bed assistants employed to care for your loved ones.
Available as 9am to 5pm in-home visits, with 24*7 telesupport for patients enrolled under home care services covering a radius of 20km within Coimbatore city limits.
- GKNMH Home Care covers a radius of 20 km in and around Coimbatore
- It is not an emergency service – Home visits are done for regular follow up and continuum of care
- Visit Timings: 9 am to 5 Pm – Monday to Friday and Saturday only for high priority in medical needs patients
- 24*7 Telephone support line
- Doctor or nurse visit scheduled as per the doctor’s discretion and assessment
- One time registration fee applicable with consequent visit charges.