Oncopathology, Surgical Pathology & Molecular Diagnostics
- The first and only Oncopathology Centre in the city.
- First in the region to start Immunohistochemistry, Flow Cytometry, PCD diagnosis and Neuromuscular diagnosis.
- IMMUNOHISTOCHEMISTRY is performed in the Automated ROCHE VENTANA BENCHMARK XT IHC Staining Platform
- Comprehensive Tumor Diagnostic panels with more than 100 markers
- Non-tumor markers for Neuropathology, Hepatopathology, GI pathology, Transplant pathology, etc.
- National and international EQAS programmes viz. National Cancer Grid (NCG) TMH, Mumbai, AIIMS, Delhi.
- The utility of novel markers is expected to rise in the near future for which we are adequately equipped, skilled and experienced.
Frozen Section Intra Operative Diagnosis
The Neuromuscular lab
- One of the few centres to offer Rapid Intra operative diagnosis
- Leica Cryostat with cutting edge technology with a TAT of 30 mins
- Frozen section study for all resected margins, specially breast conservation surgery
- Intraoperative consultation for cadaver liver transplant (donor liver suitability) is also provided here
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Neuromuscular deals exclusively with nerve, muscle and skin biopsies. Sometimes, combined with brain and liver biopsies.
- It is a diagnostic facility that is utilized for children and adults who have muscle weakness, muscle pain, muscle cramps during exercise, intellectual difficulties, seizures (fits), etc.
- It is important to know what you or your child suffers from because some are curable, some are inheritable and some are incurable.
- Genetic counselling is important in patients whose relatives are likely to get affected.
The Renal Lab
- Renal lab deals exclusively with native and transplant renal biopsies.
- Patients who have kidney problems would benefit from these tests. The kidney problems may range from early disease to end stage kidney failure. Similar to neuromuscular diseases, some are curable, some are inheritable and some are incurable. Patients benefit from medical treatment or early transplantation for non-curable diseases. Early successful transplantation can improve the quality of life dramatically.
- Immunopathology lab deals exclusively with autoimmune disease diagnosis
- Currently available tests include ANA and ANCA
- The testing for systemic autoimmune diseases are in the pipeline
High Speed Video Microscopy (HSVM) for Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia
- First hospital in the country to implement this screening test which will be used for patients with suspected Primary ciliary dyskinesia.
- Nasal brushings are taken and ciliary motility is studied using a high speed video camera mounted on a light microscope.
- Together with clinical nasal Nitric oxide measurement it is a highly sensitive screening test.
- Electron microscopy and Immunofluorescence (confirmatory tests for PCD) are in the pipeline.