AREA OF EXPERTISE
Joint replacement surgery:
- Total hip replacement,
- Revision hip replacement,
- Total knee replacement, Partial knee replacement and Revision knee replacement.
- Total shoulder, reverse and hemi shoulder replacement.
- Total elbow replacement
Shoulder reconstructive surgeries:
- Developmental dysplasia of hip
- Club foot
- Congenial dislocation of knee,
- Cerebral palsy,
- Bone and joint infections, fractures, limb reconstruction and bone tumours.
- Latarjet procedure and mini open cuff repair.
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
1 PM to 5 PM
- 1977-1984 Coimbatore Medical College Coimbatore M.B.B.S
- 1986-1988 Christian Medical College Hospital Vellore Diploma in Orthopaedics
- 1995 University of Liverpool U.K M.Ch Orthopaedics
- 2007 – 2015 Senior consultant and director , ortho one – Orthopaedic speciality centre
- 1999-2007 Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, G.K.N.M Hospital
- 1997-1999 Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sitalaxmi Hospital, Coimbatore 641002
- 1996-1997 Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Alder hey Children’s Hospital - Liverpool U.K
- 1994-1996 Registrar in Orthopaedics - Merseyside. U.K Worked in Arrow park Hospital, Southport hospital and Fazakerly Hospital.
- 1993-1994 S.H.O in Orthopaedics, Alder hey Children’s Hospital Liverpool U.K
- 1992-1993 S.H.O in Orthopaedics, Rochdale infirmary - Rochdale U.K
- 1988-1992 Senior registrar, Sitalaxmi Hospital – Coimbatore
- 1985-1988 Registrar in Orthopaedics, Christian medical collage Hospital – Vellore
- Trained in ' Joint replacement surgeries' in United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Belgium and Australia.
- Life member- Indian Medical Association
- Life member- Tamil nadu Orthopaedic Association
- Life member- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Life member- Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of India
- Full registration – General Medical Council (Inactive at present)
- Life member- Indian Society of Hip and Knee Surgeons (ISHKS)
Current President of 'Coimbatore Orthopaedic Society'
- Modified Marshall McIntosh technique for anterior cruciate ligament substitution with early knee rehabilitation- Indian journal of Orthopaedics, Jan 1993
- Arthroscopic treatment of septic arthritis of knee by irrigation, distension and wash out method- Indian journal of Orthopaedics, Jan 1993.
- Arthroscopy and biopsy- Is it useful in mono articular problems?- Journal of Western pacific Orthopaedic Association, Sep 1994.
- Epiphyseal injuries- Trends in Paediatric orthopaedics (McMillan India ltd) edited by Mathew Varghese,2001.
- Tibial plateau slopes in Indian patients with or without anterior cruciate ligament injury : a magnetic resonance imaging study - Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery, Vol. 24 No. 3, December 2016
- Chapter in text book “The hip” editor Dr. Mohan Iyer. Title : Septic arthritis of hip in neonates and children including complications